Date: June 12th, 2020
We are officially open again!
We are excited to announce that Columbia Integrated Health Centre has re-opened our doors at both clinics to regular patient care.
We understand that this comes at a time where BC has been successful in curtailing the spread of infection of COVID19, however we are not completely free and clear as of yet as there are still inherent risks of a potential second wave of the virus. We are at all times following the guidelines and recommendations outlined by the BC Health Authority and will continue to commit to the safety of everyone in our communituy. With that in mind the following safety measures and conditions have been implemented at Columbia Integrated Health Centre to ensure ongoing protection for the staff, the clinicians and patients alike.
- Implementing a mandatory face mask policy for all therapists and patients. Patients are encouraged to bring their own. (Masks will also be available for purchase.)
- All patients are required to fill in a COVID-19 Questionnaire which will be emailed to patients 24 hrs before their scheduled appointment time AND immediately BEFORE your appointment.
- We are requesting all patients to wash their hands before stepping into treatment or upon arrival at the clinics.
- We ask that patients do not arrive earlier than 5 min before their scheduled appointment time.
- Elevated frequency and adherence to cleaning and sanitation procedures. We are using Health Canada approved cleaners and disinfectants (both on the EPA list).
- Removal of waiting room chairs, reading material, staggering of appointments, modified intake procedures to limit the amount of patients at the front desk or walking down the halls at any given time (eg: electronic intake forms, online and non-cash payments).
- Reduced clinician treatment load to minimize level of contact. This will gradually increase in accordance with guidelines from the BC Health Authority.
- Strict adherence to vetting patients with a travel history, presentation of symptoms, and/or interaction with infected or potentially infected individuals.
If you should have any questions regarding this or need to book an appointment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our receptionists are back working hard to rebook all canceled appointments and scheduling new ones. They are more than happy to answer any questions you have regarding our safety measures.
Thank you for your patience during these extraordinary times. Rest assured that although we are excited to gradually shift back into being able to deliver care to all of our many patients, we still feel that your safety is of the utmost importance and we emphasize that this is not exactly business as usual. We all must remain vigilant that there is still an inherent risk with increased clinician-patient contact thus will continue to implement all guidelines and recommendations from the BC Health Authority.
WELCOME BACK to health!
Yours in health,
Dr. John Dang, DC, MSc (Cand)